A few updates since the last post:
1) We have officially decided to stick with the tread-drive bot.
2) We have a kicker all set up.
3) The programming for driving, kicking, and the camera are all set.
4) We are working on driving practice at St. Paul's to get ready for the competition.
5) We are still working on the lifter for the endgame.
We will keep you all posted. Thanks for reading and wish us luck.
-Sterling, Programming Team
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
hey everyone just throwin up an update from over here on the mechanical side. we now have two count em two operational robots for the 2010 FRC challenge!!!!!! we have one base custom made by jonny that i am pumped about. this robot runs on treads and is lookin good. it can climb the ramp forwards and backwards. it can turn on a dime and will beat anyone in a pushing match. the other robot is a modified kit bot on mechanum wheels. both robots also have a kicker mounted on em and by the saturday will each have an electronics board on them. dr slocum and i have been working on a lifting mechanism for the end of the game. we have three designs and one that is operational and will work. we have a double stage piston, a piston and motor combo, and a custom three stage telescoping piston. get ready for a fun weekend st pauls here we come!!!